Detects: Sentences with incorrect grammatical structure according to Microsoft® Word.
Detects: Misspelled words. More exactly, it detects all words not included into dictionaries you use, and you have several options for this.
- Use Microsoft® Word for spell check: Select this option to use MS Word engine in spellcheck.
- Use Hunspell dictionaries: Select this option to use Hunspell dictionaries in spellcheck.
- Suggest replacements: Deselect this option to avoid generating spelling suggestions. Normally this shortens the overall checking time.
- Ignore words with numbers: Select this option if you do not want to check spelling in words containing numbers.
- Ignore words in UPPERCASE: Select this option if you do not want to check spelling in words types in upper case.
- Ignore words in UPPERCASE only if the same word can be found in source: Uppercased words will be ignored only if this word appears both in source and target text.
- Ignore words in MiXeD case: Select this option if you do not want to check spelling in words typed using a mixture of cases.
- Ignore words from the list of untranslatables: Select this option to avoid reporting words that are found in your list of untranslatables.
- Ignore target words found in source: Select this option to avoid reporting words that are found in source text.
- Do not check one-letter words: Select this option if you do not want to check the spelling of words that consist of one letter.
NB! Please note that if you use MS Word spell check and do not select options that are also present in MS Word spelling settings (Ignore words that contain numbers etc.), then settings made in MS Word will be active (i.e. if Ignore words that contain numbers is still check in MS Word, it will be active when checking files in Verifika).
Auto-correction: Yes, if the dictionary suggests a correct word for replacement.
Language support for spell check
- Microsoft® Word spell check
By default this check uses languages that are included with your version of MS Word. If you would like to download another language, please visit this page.
Hunspell dictionaries currently support the following languages:
- Catalan (Spain)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (South Africa)
- English (U.K.)
- German (Austrian)
- German (Swiss)
- Greek (modern)
- Hebrew (modern)
- Northern Sami
- Norwegian Nynorsk
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Portuguese (Galician)
- Scottish Gaelic
- Southern Sotho
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Spanish (Bolivia)
- Spanish (Chile)
- Spanish (Colombia)
- Spanish (Costa Rica)
- Spanish (Dominican republic)
- Spanish (Ecuador)
- Spanish (El Salvador)
- Spanish (Guatemala)
- Spanish (Honduras)
- Spanish (Mexican)
- Spanish (Nicaragua)
- Spanish (Panama)
- Spanish (Paraguay)
- Spanish (Peru)
- Spanish (Puerto Rico)
- Spanish (Uruguay)
- Spanish (Venezuela)
- Swedish (Finland)
- Tamil (India)
- Western Frisian
Choose a language from this list and the required dictionary will be downloaded from our website automatically when checking.
If the dictionary does not download for some reason, another attempt to download it will be made the next time you launch spell check after restarting the program.
All downloaded dictionaries will be saved in special folder (C:\Users\AppLocalData\Palex\Verifika\Dictionaries\Hunspell) and available after updating Verifika.
If you would like to install another Hunspell dictionary, please refer to this procedure.