The Terminology report looks a lot like the Common report. Terminology errors there are by default grouped by the term. A sample terminology report is shown on the screenshot below. Please see the elements description under the screenshot.
- Buttons to set up the display of non-printable characters and tags in the text, to export the report, to save the project (this button is grayed out if there are no unsaved changes) and to turn comments on/off.
- Help button.
- The list of detected terminology errors.
- Fields with the term info.
- Fields with the target term info and suggestion.
- Field for opening word forms editor.
- Segment editor.
- Comment field.
Working with the terminology report is similar to working with the general report.
- Select an error in the terminology error list (see the screenshot above, area 3).
- To view the segment in context, double-click the error to open the whole file in the Context Viewer.
- If the Term form candidate field contains correct word form for a term, click the Add form button or press Alt+A to resolve the error. If the suggested word form is incorrect and you don’t want it to be suggested for this term, click Add incorrect form or press Alt+I to add this form into the Incorrect forms list. You can also type both correct and incorrect forms of translations into the columns in the Term box. If you work with a shared database your changes will be saved and available for other users. Moreover, added word forms immediately will be taken into account for other users which work with the same database and errors that contain this word form will be re-checked on the fly.
- To edit the list of word forms, click the Open button in the Open word forms editor field (6). In this window you can edit the existing word forms, add new forms for the existing words or delete them, import new words with word forms and export word forms to Excel format.
- If you don’t want to add the word form and also don’t want to correct the term, right-click on it in the list (or just press Space) to assign it No error status. If there are too many errors that need to be ignored, resolve all the remaining errors and then press Ctrl+Shift+Space. You can unignore all errors in the group the same way. The statuses are saved between editing sessions (even if you close Verifika and then open it with this project again, the statuses you assigned will be retained). Errors with No error status will not export to Excel if you don’t select respective checkbox while saving the file.
- If the target term is missing from the translation, you may copy and paste it from the Translation column under Term. Then press Enter to confirm changes.
If you make a change but do not press Enter to confirm before selecting another error in the list, a confirmation window will prompt you to confirm or discard the changes.
After confirmation, the updated segment is re-checked on the fly and resolved errors are deleted from the report. Moreover, other segments that contain the same word form for a target term will also disappear from the report. If the errors are not corrected or new errors are introduced, they will be added to the report. If all errors have been resolved, the amended segment is no longer shown in the report, but may still be found in the list on the Pending changes tab until you press Ctrl+S or the Save changes button.
After confirmation, the report automatically switches to the next not ignored error in the list.
- If you occasionally typed something wrong, but already pressed Enter to confirm, switch to the Pending Changes tab to rollback the change or re-edit the segment as needed.
- If you want to add a comment to a segment, and the Comment field is not visible click Comments and insert your comments in the lower field that appears. All comments are saved automatically and exported to Excel reports. In order to delete a comment you will need to manually delete the text from the field.
- Repeat the steps above to resolve all the errors in the list. When you resolve an error or assign it No error status the report automatically switches to the next pending error in the list. Once you review the last error in the group, the next group will be expanded. You can expand all errors by pressing Ctrl+Shift+E (Ctrl+Shift+W to collapse them).