Set up the checks you want performed.
If you have a profile saved with the checks you already set up, click the Profiles -> Load button, browse the select the profile you need and click Open. By default Verifika includes two profiles: one with all checks unselected and one with most common and consistency checks selected (you will need to select terminology and spelling checks manually in this profile). To save your current profile for future use, click the Profiles -> Save button while you work with the project.
- Open Common tab (see the screenshot below).
- All available groups of common checks are grouped on the left (area 1). Choose the required group and set up individual checks in area 2. Please note that some checks have options which become visible only if the check is selected.
- Set up the checks related to language standards (see the screenshot below).
Select a check group in the list (area 1), enable the required check (area 2), select the target language (area 3), and set up parameters for your language (area 4). Repeat this for all target languages and all necessary language-specific checks. For the detailed descriptions of all the options, please refer to the Common Check in Detail.
- Open Consistency tab (see the screenshot below) to set up consistency checks.
- Select the necessary consistency types: target consistency, source consistency or both.
- Select additional settings based on the selected inconsistency types. For the detailed descriptions of all the options, please refer to Consistency Check in Detail.
- Open Terminology tab (see the screenshot below) and enable terminology check or check for forbidden words and check options (area 1). Enter some term pairs or triplets manually or import them (area 2).
You can also import and edit the database of wordforms (3).
For the detailed description of this tab, please refer to Terminology Check in Detail.
- Open Spelling tab (see the screenshot below). Enable the required check (grammar and spelling) by clicking the checkbox in the area 1. Set up the options of the spelling check in area 2: choose the instrument of spell check (MS Word or Hunspell dictionaries) and other options (they are applicable to both spell check instruments). For the detailed description of this tab, please refer to Spelling Check in Detail.
- Open the User-defined tab (see the screenshot below), select the checkbox User-defined check (area 1) and set up the checks you need (area 2). You can set it up like you did in the Search tool: each line of the tab is a check that looks for the text you type using the parameters you assign. For a detailed description of this tab, please refer to the User-defined Check in Detail.
- When all the necessary checks are set up, click Check. The checking process will begin.
- After the checking process is complete, a report window opens that contains all the information about the detected errors.